- Water Committee Links
- For Those Who Wish to Pursue Lake Michigan Water
For Those Who Wish to Pursue Lake Michigan Water
- Initial interest solictcation for SSA-City Water
- First meeting for SSA PH Water agenda
- first Meeting dec 27, 05 water Q and A
- Petition letter Lake Claire and Shires City Water Service Area
- PH Water feasibility petition submission
- PH water meeting with experts January 27
- SSA checklis and sample application
- SSA6 Baxter woodman July 2006 Enginerring case study
- SSA6 history brief with Expert in realestate
- SSA6 sample Larger area lower costs
How to Create a Special Service Area
Previous Water System Studies
Water System Study - 2013
Study was undertaken to update and re-evaluate the 2007 Water System Master Plan which included the potential expansion of the City's existing water system to provide Lake Michigan water to areas of the City currently served by private water wells or other Lake Michigan water providers, specifically Special Service Area 9 (SSA-9).
Water Rate Study - 2012
Study was undertaken to evaluate the existing network of City-owned water infrastructure in order to ensure that all systems are funded properly. Includes present conditions, future conditions, baseline cash flow analysis, rate structure analysis and rate scenarios.
Water System Master Plan - 2007
Study authorized to evaluate the expansion of the City's existing water system to provide Lake Michigan water to the areas currently served by private wells or other Lake Michigan water providers. Includes a history of master plans, planning area, existing conditions, future conditions, evaluation of water system facilities, discussion of improvements, Engineer's opinions of probable cost and recommendations.
"White Paper" Water Study Committee Summary Report - 2000
Study authorized by the Prospect Heights City Council to provide a current, reliable point of information and reference for water matters relating to the future. Includes the costs of wells and condition of well water in the City, cost of obtaining Lake Michigan water, water distribution history, eastside water system and Lake water considerations. Study also includes a history of water-related activity from 1976 thru 1999.
- How much does it cost?
- What is the process to get city water supplied to my property?
- Can we keep our well if we switch to City water?
- Who pays for the SSA?
- Who determines if the SSA is approved?
- What would be the cost of bringing water from the street into the home?
- How much would the monthly water bill be?
- What are the main water transmission infrastructure costs?
- I currently have a well but I am interested in City supplied water for my property, what is the process to get City water?
- Can I keep my well if I switch to City supplied water?
- What is a Special Service Area (SSA)?
- Who creates the SSA?
- Who determines if a SSA is approved?
- Who pays for the SSA?
- How much does the SSA cost?